Be sure to check out our new Blogs and discover all the new Free Training!
Newsletter for Computer IT Education,
Training & Tutorial Resources
*** ISSUE #72 - October 2007 ***
Please Update Your Bookmarks & Web Links!
This Newsletter is only sent to its subscribers
and is available on the web at
Newsletter Archives are here:
Subscribe and unsubscribe instructions are at the end.
Please forward this newsletter to all your friends
and associates who might be interested!
In This Issue:
1)... Editor's Greeting
2)... The Best New Free I.T. Training & Tutorial Sites
3)... New Free I.T. Books & Book Sites
4)... University Computer Science Course Sites
5)... The Best Suggested Sites from Website Users
6)... New I.T. Training & Tutorial Link Sites
7)... I.T. Sites Worth Mentioning
8)... Question of the Month about Technical Training
9)... Please Support Our Computer Training Mission
1) Editor's Greeting:
Hello everyone, and welcome to our new subscribers!
This is the October 2007 issue (#72) of our free monthly newsletter for Computer IT Education, Training, & Tutorial Resources providing you with the latest Free online IT Training Resources that we have recently discovered and researched. This newsletter is free to anyone subscribing (instructions at bottom, no username/password is needed). To access our member site, however, you do need a user name and password - registering as a member of Intelligentedu.com costs $15 for two months, for more information please see Become a Member of Intelligentedu.com.
My desire is that these free resources will help you with your computer education and training and are tools to advance your IT career. Our main mission is the training of those less fortunate who are seeking to become computer literate, both technically and from a user's perspective.
In this issue we describe and link to a total of 126 computer, IT and programming learning and tutorial web sites. By means of this email newsletter, you have knowledge of and access to these sites before our web site visitors do.
***Current News ***
Please take a look at our Blogs, We post on a daily basis to these blogs all New Free Training and Tutorial Resources, as we discover and evaluate them, here are the links:
Best New Free Technical Computer and Development Training Sites
Free Computer, Technical, and IT Books
Our 3 Blogs for EducationOnlineForComputers.com
- Web Development - Adobe & Macromedia - Microsoft Office
To get your Free Computer Training updates via RSS, please cut and paste this urls into your RSS reader:
Please Visit Our New Free Training & Tutorial Search Engine - this new website at www.EdComp.com is a search engine with a large database of over 150,000 free IT education and training web resources, with another 70,000 free resources reserved exclusively for paid members. If you're an Intelligentedu.com Member, go to members.Edcomp.com to access the special members' page for searching over 220,000 free training web resources.
All of the links for these 220,000 free web resources have been validated, so you should not get any broken ones. We are also caching all previous results pages to help you find all the free training content and materials you need and are looking for. So check out our new free IT training search engine now, and if you'd like to, please provide me your feedback. Again, the url is: http://www.edcomp.com/. Thank you.
For your convenience, this newsletter is also available to subscribers in HTML format at this special url: http://www.intelligentedu.com/current_news.html
I wish you the best with your computer studies and learning.
Newsletter Editor and Webmaster
"Learn New Skills and Increase Your Earning Power
- With Free Online Computer Training!"
*** Become a Member of Intelligentedu.com ***
Our Members' Site contains the web's best computer and IT training resources and tutorials. This content is individually linked and presented in a way to expedite and facilitate your IT learning experience. We have done all the web research and presentation work for you so you can concentrate solely on your computer training. For short FAQ Answers, please see the end of this newsletter.
The total price to join as a member is only $15.00 total for 2 months, $25 for 4 months, $34 for 6 months, or $59 for a whole year. The funds generated will assist us to help all those seeking IT education and application development training. Here's the link to see what's available on our member's site and to sign up: http://www.intelligentedu.com/sign-up/index.html.
This is our new free computer and IT education and training search engine housing over 220,000 free training internet resources! Just type in a topic you're looking for and get tons of great web resources instantly. These search results are much better than the big search engines, like google. You can also check out our predefined search results page giving you tons of free training resources: http://www.edcomp.com/predefined.htm.
Our new software application and office training and tutorial site, EducationOnlineForComputers.com, is now up and running. We give you Free access to hundreds of Free Training and Tutorials covering Microsoft Office, Flash, Photoshop, Dreamweaver and FrontPage. We also provide you a member site for the best available online software application training. You can follow this site's blog on our EOFC Twitter page
-> Here are Your 3 Rewards for Subscribing to this Newsletter <-
*** Free Online IT Training Materials for Subscribers ***
This section of our site contains over 2,000 free IT, computer and programming training resource links: http://www.intelligentedu.com/free_it_training_materials_and_books.html
*** Free Online Computer Training and Tutorial Resources ***
Containing over 8,000 free IT training and tutorial resources, this section of our site is available only to our newsletter subscribers and web site members: http://www.intelligentedu.com/newly_researched_free_training.html
*** Free e-Book: "Understanding Computer Security" ***
Our new e-book contains the best information from U.S. government agency computer security papers and guides and presents it in a coherent and understandable manner. My hope is that this e-book will make computer security easier to learn. Click here to receive your Free Copy: http://www.intelligentedu.com/Understanding_Computer_Security.zip (553 kb). When unzipped it is a windows executable.
2) The Best New Free I.T. Training & Tutorial Sites:
This section of our newsletter contains the best new free IT training and tutorial sites that we have found and researched in the last few weeks. These resources will be added to our Free IT Training & Courses page at Intelligentedu.com/cat1.html, our Free IT Tutorials and Guides page at Intelligentedu.com/cat2.html, or to our members' site.
This is our new Free computer and IT education, training and tutorial search engine housing over 150,000 free training internet resources! Just type in a topic you're looking for and get tons of great web resources instantly. We believe these results are better than the big search engines, like google.
You can start searching right now using this form:
Here are a few search results to get you started:
Java Learning Resources:
A+ Tutorials and free practice questions:
Intelligentedu.com paid Member-only search with 70,000 more free resources:
If you forgot your password please go here to retrieve it:
Visit TrainingByEmail to receive Free Training for C#, ASP.Net, SQL, Word, Excel, and Outlook, via your email every week! We will send out a new training in the topic of your choosing every week. You can then save this, print it out, or delete it all at your convenience. And you can't beat the price, FREE!
Intelligentedu Online Library of Training Courses
This is another one of our new Free training and tutorial sites, providing over 450 free online IT tutorials. Tutorials range from entry level training on using word processors through to advanced techniques in programming, web development, database design, and network routing. In-depth courses are also available at low cost.
49 AJAX Learning and Training Documents
AcrobatFiles.com provides free PDF documents, learning and training materials, tutorials, and articles. Here are 49 AJAX Documents in their Programming category. You may have to register for free at this site.
- Advanced ASP .NET 2.0 and ASP .NET AJAX with Jeff Prosise
- AJAX and PHP
- Designing for Ajax
- A Real-World Ajax Application
- ASP .NET 2.0, AJAX and Expression Web
- DESIGNING Web 2.0 Applications 2 Day Course
- AJAX and the Future of Web Applications
- Web Application Solutions: A Designer's Guide
- XML and AJAX
- ajax & accessibility
- Microsoft PowerPoint - April-Shorter-AJAX.ppt
- Summa Technologies Presents Using AJAX in ASP .NET Application to
- Crawling Ajax-driven Web 2.0 Applications
- Ajax3D: The Open Platform for Rich 3D Web Applications Introduction
- Sample AJAX Components used with Java Studio Creator 2
- A Code Migration Framework for AJAX Applications
- Foundations of AJAX Running IPv6 Beginning Excel What-If Data
- Using Ajax with PHP and Sajax
- Ajax for ColdFusion Developers
- Microsoft PowerPoint - Programming AJAX with the ASP .NET AJAX
- Embedded Ajax
- ajax on java chapter 4 xml and json
- Microsoft ASP .NET AJAX Client Life-Cycle Events
- AJAX and PHP
- Using Ajax for Web Application Development: What Businesses Need
- Enabling AJAX in ASP .NET with No Code
- Developing AJAX Applications
- Performance-Tune Your Ajax Application, TS-9646, JavaOne 2007
- The Impact of Ajax on User Experience Part 1 Cindy Lu, Ph.D
- Real World Ajax
- AJAX Overview The Hype
- Microsoft PowerPoint - XML Technology AJAX.ppt
- AJAX Linking and Embedding (ALE)
- Converting Applications from ASP .NET AJAX RC to ASP .NET AJAX RTM
- Adding Panoramas to Google Maps Using Ajax
- Integrating AJAX Approach into GIS Visualization Web Services
- Microsoft PowerPoint - AJAX Google Maps and the User experience
- Microsoft PowerPoint - L23-Ajax.ppt
- The Ajax Approach to Browser Scripting
- Web-Tier Codecamp: Web-Tier Codecamp: JavaServer Faces, JavaServer
- Subverting Ajax
- Ajax using XMLHttpRequest and Struts
- Scanning Ajax for XSS entry points
- AJAX Workshop - Karen A. Coombs University of Houston Libraries
Top 15 Free Eclipse Video Tutorials
Here are what I am judging to be the Top 15 Free Eclipse Video Tutorials on youtube.com. These will help you learn how to use Eclipse to its fullest extent and get you more productive on this important development framework.
Heres a tutorial or explanation for my new cut/Display called Eclipse (intermediate and up).
PHP Tutorial: Using Eclipse+PDT as a PHP IDE (Part 2 of 2)
PHPDeveloperBlog.com presents: (Part 2 of 2) How to install and use Eclipse--a free, open source platform--as a professional Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for developing PHP applications. Code coloring, intellisense, debugging, and everything else programmers expect in an IDE are available in a PHP IDE for free.
PHP Tutorial: Using Eclipse+PDT as a PHP IDE (Part 1 of 2)
Full length versions of this video can be found on our website: phpdeveloperblog.com...PHP tutorial Eclipse IDE programming development. How to install and use Eclipse--a free, open source platform--as a professional Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for developing PHP applications. Code coloring, intellisense, debugging, and everything else programmers expect in an IDE are available in a PHP IDE for free.
Java Tutorial #1 - Hello World
Use the Eclipse IDE to write Java code, and you can download it at www.Eclipse.org...Java tutorial Eclipse intro. This Java tutorial covers how to make a hello world program. Go to www.Javaomatic.com for more Java tutorials.
Java Dialog with Eclipse
dialog with Eclipse. sorry for the bad resolution, i just don't want to make it a huge file....Java dialog Eclipse tutorial
Java Tutorial - Part 2 - Installing the Eclipse IDE
A little tutorial I made showing how to install the Eclipse IDE... not that hard I guess... but I key step I think to getting on with your Java programming career.
Java Tutorial Intro - Installing easyEclipse
the Eclipse IDE to write Java code, and you can install Eclipse using easyEclipse at www.easyEclipse.org...Java tutorial Eclipse. This is the introduction to the Java-o-matic tutorials. Go to www.Javaomatic.com for more Java tutorials.
Eclipse and Java for Total Beginners
Eclipse Java tutorial video total beginners test first software development. Go to Eclipsetutorial.sourceforge.net/ to download the entire 16 lessons of Eclipse and Java for Total Beginners. This is the first 8 minutes of lesson 1, in small format for YouTube. The downloaded lessons are full size and good quality.
Eclipse and Java: Introducing Persistence
Eclipse Java tutorial video persistence xml serialization test first software development. Go to Eclipsetutorial.sourceforge.net/ to download all 12 lessons of Eclipse and Java: Introducing. This is the first 10 minutes of lesson 1, in small format for YouTube.
Ruby in Eclipse
Using Eclipse as an IDE for Ruby. This is the final product from my tutorial....Linux Ubuntu Eclipse Ruby Studio IDE
Eclipse setup 1
Example how to setup Eclipse IDE with ANT and Tomcat for a sample Guestbook application written in Java...Eclipse Ant Tomcat Java
Example how to setup Eclipse IDE with ANT and Tomcat for a sample Guestbook application written in Java...Eclipse Ant Tomcat Java
Example how to setup Eclipse IDE with ANT and Tomcat for a sample Guestbook application written in Java...Eclipse Ant Tomcat Java
Test Driven Development Introduction
Introduction to test driven development with a Java junit example using Eclipse 3.2. Agile Development all the way!...Test Driven Development TDD Software Engineering Developer Agile.
Sun Web Developer Pack Tutorial
Here is the Sun Web Developer Pack Tutorial. This Web 2.0 technology tutorial covers and demonstrates emerging web technologies, such as Ajax, REST web services, and scripting language-based web applications. Applying the concepts taught in this tutorial will help you get the most out of the new Web 2.0 technologies included in the Sun Web Developer Pack. This tutorial is intended for programmers who are interested in developing and deploying interactive and dynamic web applications on the Sun Java System Application Server 9.1 application server.
The goals of this tutorial are to:
- have a basic understanding of several of the emerging web technologies like Ajax, Atom, RESTful web services, and scripting language-based web applications
- understand how to develop and deploy interactive and dynamic web applications created using these technologies on Application Server 9.1.
Here is some basic background material to help you get the most out of the tutorial.
- Introducing Web 2.0
- Sun Web Developer Pack and Bundled Web 2.0 Technologies
- Sun Web Developer Pack and Bundled NetBeans IDE Plug-ins
- How to Proceed
The Sun Web Developer Pack Tutorial
- Document Information
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Dynamic User Interfaces
- 3. Project jMaki
- 4. Project Dynamic Faces
- 5. Lightweight Programming Models
- 6. RESTful Web Services
- 7. Working With Web Feeds Using the Atom Server Framework
Many PHP Tutorials
If you need PHP Tutorials, check out my blog post over at EducationOnlineForComputers.com which details the large selection of PHP Tutorials that Clever Tutorials has put together linking to several web development tutorial sites. These cover the following areas of PHP scripting and web development: passwords, logins, content management, cookies, database integration, dates, email, file manipulation, forms, image handling, security, and user statistics.
PHP Tutorial Categories:
- Content Management
- Database Integration
- Date and Time
- File Manipulation
- Image Handling
- User Info and Stats
Top 15 Red Hat Linux Summit Presentations
Here are what I consider to be the Top 15 Red Hat Linux Summit Presentations. These are slides in pdf format that you can review to gain understanding and find further information on important Red Hat Linux technologies, such as Filesystems, Performance Tuning, Infiniband, Identity Management, Yum, Virtualization, Clusters, Directory Deployments, Red Hat Network.Red Hat Enterprise Linux Performance and Tuning
The Future of Filesystems on Linux
Performance Analysis and System Tuning
Infiniband and RDMA Technology
Identity: LDAP in the Real World, Migration & Integration
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, Yum and You
Hardware Based Virtualization Technologies
Scaling Directory Deployments
Defining Open Source Michael Tiemann
Innovation in Software Development - It's Not All About Patents
Introduction to Red Hat Network
Getting the most out of Red Hat Network Satellite
Life Cycle Management with RHN Provisioning Module
Custom Content and the RHN API
Top 10 Programming Diggs in last 30 days
Here are my choices for the Top 10 Programming Diggs for the last 30 days. These digged programming sites will help you understand better and learn the following technologies: web 2.0, web development, Ruby, PHP, computer memory,
The Future of Software Development
Read/WriteWeb's Alex Iskold takes a look at the past, present, and future of software development, concluding that we now have the programming languages, models, and infrastructure to build complex systems using just a few skilled people. "Craftsmanship has finally come to software engineering!" Anyone interested in agile dev should read this. More…
69 Tools to Monitor, Measure, and Track Your Website
A collection of resources that every website owner can use. More…
The PHP Toolbox: 20+ PHP Resources
We’ve collected together 20+ PHP resources and tools for you to discover the secrets of PHP. More…
40 Tips for optimizing your PHP Code
Excellent ressource for php programmers. More…
250+ Tools and Resources For Coding the Web
We’re all living on the web, and we all seem to be starting our own websites, so it’s time we all learned the languages that make it run. We’ve gathered over 250 resources to help you get going. More…
What every programmer should know about memory
Unlike storage subsystems, removing the main memory as a bottleneck has proven much more difficult and almost all solutions require changes to the hardware. More…
The Structured Web - A Primer
A critical piece of the next web evolution is the introduction of structured information. This article examines the key drivers, such as the rise of APIs and vertical applications that run on top of existing data, an increase in classic Semantic Technologies and Microformats, and more. More…
10 Reasons to Learn Ruby
10 reasons to learn Ruby, with code examples. More…
Messy Code? Stumped? Submit it to be refactored @ refactormycode.com
Have you got a method that you're dying to simplify? A class that's growing out of control? Or an algorithm that you just can't get working? Submit it to the new, awesome web app Refactor My Code, and have it refactored. More…
7 Reasons I Switched Back to PHP After 2 Years on Rails
"Back in January 2005, I announced on the O’Reilly blog that I was going to completely scrap over 100,000 lines of messy PHP code in my existing CD Baby (cdbaby.com) website, and rewrite the entire thing in Rails, from scratch." Great article.More…
8 C# How To Articles
This is a series of 8 C# How To Tutorial Articles. Five cover Internet Programming with C# (writing TCP/IP based client applications using C# on .NET framework), two teach you how to use the C# Threading Library, and one compares C# performance to C++. These C Sharp tutorial articles are written by Randy Charles Morin and are hosted by kbcafe.com. Also check out these two articles by Randy: Specification, Planning, Architecture & Design and Seven Mistakes Made All the Time by Most Software Development Organizations.
- How To talk SMTP in C#
- How To talk POP3 in C#
- How To talk NNTP in C#
- How To Port Scan in C#
- How To Download files over the Internet in C#
- How To create and manipulate Threads in C#, Part I
- How To create and manipulate Thread in C#, Part II
- C# Performance compuared to equivalient C++
3) New Free Computer IT Books, Publications & Book Sites:
Some of these web resources will be added to our Free IT Books page at Intelligentedu.com/free_computer_books.html and some will be added to our members site.
Many Programming and Linux eBooks
I have been exploring and testing some google searches, using various keywords, looking for freely available ebooks. Here is a search that returned a few good ebook sites. One of the sites I found with this search is akae.cn/ftp/ftpdown/mirror/184.108.40.206/books. The many computer, programming, Linux, database, and networking ebooks hosted there cover many areas and topics, as listed below.
eBook Topics available at this site:
- Java, J2ME, JSP, Jakarta Struts, Wireless Java, Java Certification,
- Ajax, Eclipse, Rails, Ruby, C++ Programming, C# (C Sharp), Python, Game Programming, Subversion
- PHP, Perl, HTML, CGI, Tcl-Tk, XML, Apache, Tomcat
- Linux, Red Hat Linux, RHCE, JBoss, Debian Linux, Programming Linux, Slackware, Linux Kernel, Ubuntu, Bash
- Unix, Solaris, AIX, Unix Programming, Shell Programming
- MySQL, Oracle 10g, Oralce PL-SQL, DB2, PostgreSQL, JDBC, Data Mining, Data Structures,
- Cisco, Firewalls, Linux Networking, Internet Security, Zope, Samba, LDAP, Networking Performance, SOAP, VPN, VOIP, DNS
Programming and Linux eBooks
Here is another programming and Linux ebook site I found using the google search from yesterday's blog post. This site is nullterminal.org/ebooks. The programming, Linux, database, and networking ebooks hosted there cover the topics bulleted below.
eBook Topics available at this site:
- Java, J2ME, JSP, Struts, Java Certification, Tomcat
- Linux, RHCE, Red Hat, Linux Programming, Debian, Unix, Slackware, Linux Kernel
- Solaris, AIX, FreeBSD
- PHP, Perl, Python Programming, C++ Programming
- MySQL, DB2, Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Zope, Linux Networking, Firewalls, Sendmail
Application Development and IT eBooks
Here is a google search for computer and IT ebooks (inurl:books inurl:cd1|cd2|cd3|cd4 index of books) that returns Index of /books/cd2 and Index of /books/cd1 (as the 2nd site listed). The parent directory contains two more directories (/books/cd3 and /books/cd4). This site hosts many Computer, Application Development, and I.T. eBbooks in the areas listed below.
Topics covered by these IT ebooks:
- .NET (dotNet), C#, Windows Programming, VB .Net (Visual Basic .Net), ASP.Net, Windows Forms
- Java, Java for Relational Databases,
- C++ Programming, Visual C++ Programming,
- Component Programming, Software Architecture, Coding Guidelines
- Design Patterns, Enterprise Patterns, Integration Patterns, Refactoring, UML, OOP
- Software Configuration Management, Software Testing
- Extreme Programming, Agile Development, Iterative Development
- Secure Coding, IT Security, Cryptography, CISSP,
- SQL Server, MySQL, PHP, Data Mining, XML, Web Services, Flash
- Windows, Windows 2003, Windows Registry, Active Directory, Citrix Metaframe,
- CCNA, Cisco, VOIP, Firewalls, Networking, Wireless, Mobile
- Linux , Red Hat Linux, Databases on Linux, Linux Administration, Linux Security
- A+ (A Plus) Certification
Ebook links on CoolDog Ebooks
Here are freely available computer and programming ebook links provided by CoolDog Ebooks. I discovered this site in the google search used in my blog post on Oct. 9. Below are the two CoolDog pages (in bold) linked from that google search and the working links on these pages. You can also take a look all of the pages on this site linked by google.
- www.cs.usfca.edu/~syang/__boks/ - www.ceng.metu.edu.tr/~e1195288/
Byte of Python Online Book
Python is a portable, interpreted, interactive, and object-oriented programming language. Its popularity is increasing as it is being used for many types of web applications ranging from CGI scripts to complex servers, including Zope, a very popular, open source web server.
Here are two learning and training documents for learning how to program using the Python programming language. The first one is a free online Python book, named Byte of Python. The second one is The Architecture of Python, which takes a detailed look at how Python is structured and how Python's many features are supported by this structure.
Byte of Python Online Book
This free online Python book teaches and demonstrates many of Python's features. Using this book, you will learn how to code with the Python programming language, whether you are new to computers or an experienced programmer.
- Installing Python
- First Steps
- Operators and Expressions
- Control Flow
- Data Structures
- Problem Solving
- Object oriented programming
- Input Output
- Standard Library
- More Python
- What Next?
- Appendix on FOSS
- Appendix on Revision History
This document examines the Python implementation to discover how the software architecture is structured, and how this architecture supports Python's many features. By Jim Jackson and Kar-Han Tan
Table of Contents
Architecture Business Cycle
Main Program and Subroutine
Correspondance with Guido van Rossum
Notes and Comments
4) University Computer Science Course Sites Free to Browse and Study:
These web sites will be added to our Free University IT Course Webs page at Iintelligentedu.com/cat3.html
Linux for Engineering and IT Applications Course
Here is a great Linux Course from Rutgers University, named Linux for Engineering and IT Applications. All lectures and content, including test answers and the text book are available online for free. The course topics include: Linux concepts (kernel, shells, users, groups, processes, etc), installation and configuration (disk partitions, GRUB and LILO boot managers, Debian Package Manager, APT), networking (protocols, IP addresses, Address Resolution Protocol (ARP), subnets and routing, network ports), security (TCP-wrappers, secure shell (SSH), Linux firewalls, packet filtering with iptables, PGP/GPG, tripwire), NFS, NIS, LDAP, Linux-Windows integration (dual boot, Samba server), Linux programming, Linux clusters (Beowulf), E-MAIL and DNS servers.
Lectures and Course Content:
- Lesson 1 - Commands, Shell, Processes
- Lesson 2 - Debian Installation and Upgrade
- Lesson 3 - Linux Kernel
- Lesson 4 - Linux Networking
- Lesson 5 - Network File System (NFS)
- Lesson 6 - Network Information Service (NIS)
- Lesson 7 - Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
- Lesson 8 - Unix and Windows Connectivity through Samba
- Lesson 9 - Startup and Run Levels, Scheduled Jobs, at, cron
- Lesson 10 - Linux Shell Scripting Tutorial (also AWK, GREP, SED tutorials)
- Lesson 11 - Linux Security
- Lesson 12 - Email
- Lesson 13 - Linux Cluster Computing
- Lesson 14 - Domain Name Server (DNS)
Text Book: Rute User's Tutorial and Exposition
Previous versions of this course:
Spring 2006 Linux Course
Spring 2005 Linux Course
Spring 2004 Linux Course
Spring 2003 Linux Course
Spring 2002 Linux Course
5) The Best Suggested Sites from our Website Users - Every month we feature the best suggested IT training and tutorial sites from our website visitors. Here are this month's sites:
6) New Computer & IT Training & Tutorial Link & Resource Sites:
These web sites will be added to our IT Links and Resources page at Intelligentedu.com/cat6.html
This site provides several good free web resources for studying for many of the major I.T. and vendor certification exams.
- MCSE Overview
- MCSE Server 2003
- Upgrading to Server 2003
- Free MCSE Study Guides
- Free MCSE Practice Exams
- Other Free MCSE Resources
- Linux Certification Overview
- LPI Certification
- Red Hat Linux Certification
- Novell Linux Certification
- CompTIA Linux Certification
7) I.T. Sites and Free Downloads Worth Mentioning:
The following programs are totally Free, no popups, no adware, no spyware, and no shareware.
Yodm 3D 1.4
Yod'm 3D is 3D Desktop Manager permitting you to use multiple virtual desktops and to change between them with a nice looking 3D effect in the shape of a cube. You can zoom in with the mouse wheel and specify different background images and applications on each desktop. The 3D effect does not use much system resources, and it does not need installation - just unzip and run.
Download (2553 kB)
Download (2233 kB)
RegStop is a small program that runs in the system tray which allows you to specify up to 12 registry keys that should be deleted when they are created. For example, a program keeps putting a registry entry to make itself start with windows when you don't want it to.
Download (1793 kB)
LaunchOnFly is a Start Menu alternative. It lets you launch applications, open files, folders, web links, send e-mail, etc. faster and easier.
Benefits you get by using LaunchOnFly:
- Open a program, file, folder, or anything else with only one click of a mouse button
- For those who frequently reinstall Windows it´s easy to preserve the menu.
Download (2462 kB)
The MouseOver Buttons Wizard (MOBW)
8) Question of the Month about Technical Training:
Each month Jeff Love will answer a current or important question that we have received about computer and IT training and career development.
October 2007 Question of the Month:
Where can I find free or low cost support for migrating our databases from Oracle and SQL Server to MySQL?
MySQL.com provides free tools and tutorials for getting your databases in Oracle and SQL Server formats into a MySQL database format. What you need is the MySQL Migration Toolkit, which is a framework that enables you to quickly migrate your proprietary databases to MySQL. This free toolkit is designed to work with MySQL versions 5.0 and higher. It uses a wizard-driven interface and methodology that walks you through the required steps to successfully complete a database migration project. The MySQL Migration Toolkit is available as a free download in the MySQL GUI Tools Bundle, which also includes MySQL Administrator and MySQL Query Browser. You will want to take a look at the MySQL Migration Toolkit Manual.
Here are some tutorials to help you use MySQL's Migration Toolkit:
If you prefer paid support, Intgelligent Converters provides a Oracle to MySQL converter for a modest price.
I hopes this help you.
9) Please Support Our Training Mission
How You Can Support Our IT Training Mission
Please help support Intelligentedu.com's Computer and IT Education and Training Mission by visiting our sponsors below. By doing so, you will be helping people who want to learn to use computers in an Information Technology career.
ITT Technical Institute: Choose from their many programs
University of Phoenix Online: Advance your career
DeVry: Online degrees for working adults
Kaplan College Online:
Advance your career with an online degree from Kaplan College
Capella University -accredited online education for professionals
Computer Education, Training, & Tutorial Resources
Free I.T. Training Now!
A free and member-based I.T. educational and training portal web site. We have compiled, categorized, described, and linked many, many sites that will be of keen interest to computer science students and instructors and others seeking free training and knowledge about computers. All areas are covered, from programming to systems administration to networking to the internet. You are able to study and learn all about computers and I.T. via Free training, courses, tutorials, books, guides, documentation, articles, tips, notes, and help. Also offered are free technical training tutorials co-branded with Freeskills.com/. Check us out today.
Copyright Notice: Please note that all of the items hyperlinked are copyrighted by their authors and/or publishers. You are expected to look for, read, and adhere to such notices. Downloaded and online material is copyrighted whether or not a copyright notice is present.
*** Intelligentedu.com's Member Site ***
Our Members' Site contains the web's best computer and IT training resources and tutorials. This content is individually linked and presented in a way to expedite and facilitate your IT learning experience. We have done all the web research and presentation work for you so you can concentrate solely on your computer training.
Intelligentedu.com Member Site FAQ Answers:
- Over half of the web sites and pages in our members site are not in the free section of our web site. The online training resources in our members' site are linked and laid out in a much more detailed fashion than those in the free section. This will save you time in finding all the best free training on the web.
- If you use a credit card when joining, you may choose to be billed by PayPal, or you may purchase from 2checkout.com, our authorized retailer, whichever you choose.
- You have a choice to select the non-recurring or recurring method of payment. If you select non-recurring, when your membership period expires, you will not be automatically charged another fee on your credit card or check.
- If you are looking for training and tutorials covering popular software such as Microsoft Office, Flash, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Web Development, Windows and Computer Hardware, please see our sister site, http://www.EducationOnlineForComputers.com
The total price to join our member's site is only $15.00 total for 2 months, $25 for 4 months, $34 for 6 months, or $59 for a whole year. The funds generated will assist us to help all those seeking IT education and application development training. Here's the link to see what's available on our member's site and to sign up: <http://www.intelligentedu.com/sign-up/index.html>. You can email Jeff Love with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I will give you 8 great Free Bonuses when you sign up now. These are as follows:
1. A Comprehensive 47-page IT Glossary
2. How To Understand Windows Error Messages program
3. 105 Great Totally Free Utility Programs
4. A Bug Tracking Access
5. The Four Best IT Salary Calculator/Wizard sites
6. 12 Great Web Resources for Learning the Best Methods to Study and Take Tests
7. Six Great e-Books (a $120 value) to help you Make Money using the Internet
8. Five extra bonus IT resource sites that are the best from our "worth mentioning" newsletter section
To Subscribe to this Free monthly Newsletter of Computer Education, Training, & Tutorial Resources simply send a blank email to this address:
(You will need to reply to a confirming email.)
Or go to this web page and use the Subscribe form:
To Unsubscribe from this Free monthly Newsletter of Computer Education, Training, & Tutorial Resources simply send a blank email to this address with Unsubscribe in the subject::
(no need to confirm)
Or go to this web page and use the unsubscribe form: